In response to the public health crisis, Access from AT&T is temporarily:
- Offering two months of free service to new Access customers who order by April 30, 2020. The cost is $5/mo or $10/mo thereafter, depending on your speed.
- Expanding eligibility based on income and to households participating in National School Lunch Program/Head Start
- Waiving all home internet data overage fees
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Charter will partner with school districts to ensure local communities are aware of these tools to help students learn remotely.
- For eligible low-income households without school-aged children, Charter continues to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, a low-cost broadband program delivering speeds of 30 Mbps.
- Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across our footprint for public use.
- Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.
- Charter will not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Charter will waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic