Cypress School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu

Enrollment FAQs

Which Cypress school should my child attend?
Your home school is based on your residence address. If you are not sure which school is your home school, please use our School Locator.  If you need assistance, please contact the Instructional Services office at (714) 220-6925.  

We just moved into the Cypress School District. Is it guaranteed that my child will be able to attend our home school?
If space is not available at a particular grade level at a home school, a student may be required to attend another school within the Cypress School District. This can be a temporary situation or made permanent if a child settles, is happy, and the parents do not want to move the child. However, we do want to remind you that when space becomes available at the home school, the student will be offered the opportunity to attend their home school. The home school office will call the parent, and the parent will decide at that time.

We live in Cypress, but I want my child to attend a school other than our home school.  How do I enroll?
Visit your home school to pick up an enrollment packet and intradistrict transfer request form. The deadline for intradistrict transfers is April 24. Registration priority is given first to residents who live within the school's boundaries and then to siblings of students already enrolled. Thereafter, transfers are based on space availability. Transfer decisions are made by early June. More information regarding intradistrict transfers is available on the Student Transfers page.

We don’t live in Cypress, but I want my child to attend a Cypress school.  How do I enroll?
Visit the school district in which you live and request an interdistrict transfer to release your child. Submit the signed release by April 24 to the Cypress School District, 9470 Moody Street, Cypress. Admission of incoming transfer students is based on space availability. You may pick up an enrollment packet from the school you wish to attend while awaiting a decision on your transfer request, which is expected in early June.  More information regarding interdistrict transfers is available on the Student Transfers page.

What information is necessary for me to enroll my child?
To enroll your child in kindergarten, you must provide the following:

  • Proof of Birth – Original birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate
  • Proof of Residency – List of documentation required to verify residency is available here
  • Official immunization record
  • Report of Health Examination for School Entry form (provided in enrollment packet)
  • Oral Health Assessment form (provided in enrollment packet)

When is the enrollment packet due?
Return your completed enrollment packet to your home school as soon as possible.

Where can I get more detailed information about the school district or a particular school?
District and school information is available on our websites. You can also find pertinent school information on the School Accountability Report Cards, which are posted on the District & School Accountability page on the district website. You may also contact your new home school regarding upcoming orientation meetings and Open House events.