Cypress School District is a member of the Orange County Department of Education’s Institute of Excellence Induction Consortium. The consortium includes many districts in Orange County and is part of Cluster 5 of the State-wide program.
The Induction Program at Cypress School District is under the direction of Executive Director Tracy Mouren-Laurens, M.A.Ed., with Audrey Jeans, M.A.Ed., serving as Lead Mentor.
We are pleased to provide comprehensive support to all of our new teachers. We hope that this webpage will provide necessary and helpful information to those teachers who are in the program.
Induction is a state-funded program, co-sponsored by the California Department of Education (CDE) and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC), designed to support the professional development of newly-credentialed, beginning teachers and fulfill the requirements for the California Clear Multiple and Single Subjects Credentials.
The two-year Induction Program includes the following components:
- Weekly reflective conversations between the Participating Teacher and Mentor
- Monthly network meetings
- Professional development seminars
- Completion of the adopted curriculum
- Collection of evidence to document completion
- Annual end-of-year Colloquium
- Review of evidence at the end of years 1 and 2
- Exit Interviews